Are you ready for the new Aged Care Quality Standards?
From 1 July 2019, Aged Care will be assessed under the new Aged Care Quality Standards (ACQS).
The new Standards have the potential to completely rewrite the way residential Aged Care is delivered. The shift to a 'consumer experience' model will be completely transformative.
The ACQS is not a reshuffle of the current 44 expected outcomes, rather these will be considered the minimum requirement. Providers will need to embed choice, quality care, and customer service, across their organisation for every resident, every day, to ensure quality individual outcomes for all consumers.
The Single Quality Framework: Aged Care Quality Standards
What is your answer to these questions?
If you’re unsure: Our Accreditation Readiness Review is the answer
Who we are
Together, CareLynx and PwC form a unique team. The extensive Aged Care experience of CareLynx and the international consulting and auditing expertise of PwC is a combination well matched to current industry reform.
CareLynx brings a depth of understanding and practical experience from over 30 years in the industry. This, coupled with PwC’s cutting-edge approach to organisational transformation, will support you to seamlessly transition to the new Aged Care Quality Standards.
Our unique approach
CareLynx clinicians, experienced advisors, and industry professionals, and the auditing expertise of PwC, complete a comprehensive review of your readiness for accreditation.
We interview and assess residents, management, and staff as part of our review, providing a holistic and authentic review experience.
We provide you with a prioritised set of actions to support you as you transform into a new era of Aged Care.
Accreditation Readiness Review Deliverables
- Regular feedback sessions
- After hours visit
- 2x Aged Care Quality Standards (ACQS) Masterclass sessions
- 1 for key personnel
- 1 for general staff
- Working with key personnel onsite: educating, mentoring and guiding identified staff members in areas of specialty to support transition to ACQS
- Sharing of suggestions/hints & tips that may assist the service in building capacity and improving systems and processes
Post onsite review
- Unique operational Accreditation Readiness Report with identified concerns and practical recommended actions and solutions
- Risk mapping against new standards
- Sensitive Report if there are any concerns identified of a confidential nature e.g. HR issues
- Follow up with onsite manager to discuss Report and Sensitive Report
- Progress update review teleconference 3 months after
Free tools provided to assist in transition
- Legislative table that captures all the relevant legislation / regulations / compliance relevant to Aged Care from a State and National level
- The CareLynx Companion which is a tear away calendar with key thoughts about ACQS to assist in education and awareness
- CareLynx Clinical Audits that are specific to the ACQS in 3 key areas of concern